International Ninja Day is celebrated around the world on December 5th. The holiday appeared recently, but has already won the love of many people! We hope you are one of them, because today we put on black masks and have fun.
There are several versions of creating a date. One of them says that it is dedicated to the film “The Last Samurai”, jointly created by Japan, the USA, New Zealand. It shows a scene of a battle between samurai and ninjas – the shots sunk into the soul of the people. Another version belongs to the Ninja Burger company: this is how they noted the speed of couriers delivering fast food.
The concept originated in Japan. Shinobi no Mono or Ninjutsu translates to endure, hide. Art was taught according to certain systems, which made it possible to counter any threats. The art was based on hand-to-hand combat and budo weapons. Basically, these were unexpected attacks that confuse the enemy. Often, warriors won before they were even noticed.
Did you know that:
- The first mention of the ninja dates back to 1375. The record was found in the military chronicles of Taiheiki. The fighters were sent behind enemy lines;
- The dawn of martial art came in the 15th and 16th centuries. After 1600, peace was established in Japan, so the type of struggle faded into the background;
- ninja can be attributed to modern special forces;
- in fact, the fighters did not wear masks – so the ancient manuals say. They only covered their faces with their hands when the opponents approached, and at night they put white bandages over their eyes;
- ninjas are popular for their unusual hand gestures;
- students of the art were not cruel killers: they were excellent spies and information miners, they could penetrate any rear and perform a special operation.
How to celebrate
Watch films on the theme of the holiday – there are a lot of them! Invite friends to watch. Organize a party and announce a dress code. Have fun and celebrate the strong, powerful and agile people of history.
When is International Ninja Day celebrated in 2022?
International Ninja Day is observed on December 5 each year.