July 11 is a day rich in events and holidays, which includes International Essential Oils Day. For a quarter of a century, people have made significant progress in the production and use of essential oils. It is a valuable source of vitamins and minerals. Today, oils are used in various industries and International Essential Oils Day is dedicated to their value and benefits to humanity. It is noteworthy that no essential oil can be patented.
International Essential Oils Day was first celebrated in 2018 by Jared Turner, who served as COO of Young Living. Why 11 July? This date marks the birthday of Young Living founder Gary Young. Jared wanted to celebrate the event in a way that would express gratitude to the founder of the company.
Today, International Essential Oils Day is not just a date, it is a platform dedicated to raising public awareness about the company’s products, as well as protecting the environment.
- The mission of International Essential Oils Day is to educate people around the world about the benefits and unique properties of essential oils.
- Aromatic plants were discovered thousands of years ago, and even then they were used in cosmetology and medicine. The first essential oils became appeared in 3000 BC, when they invented methods of distillation and extraction.
- Ready-to-use oils come in a variety of colors and aromas. Proper use helps balance the functioning of the body and improves one’s quality of life.
- A diffuser is a special device that saturates the air in a room with oxygen to increase the effectiveness of an essential oil.
- Only 1% of plants are a source of essential oils.
How to take part
Tell us on social media about your experience with essential oils. Inspire readers and subscribers with your results, and talk about the correct use of the oils. Be sure to try a new essential oil; there are many on the market today. Another way to celebrate International Essential Oils Day is to plant a tree to protect the environment.
When is International Essential Oils Day celebrated in 2023?
International Essential Oils Day is observed on July 11 each year.