Simplicity Day is a day when you can forget about the turmoil, haste, and craziness of the world. Every year, many people feel that life is becoming more difficult, with more and more responsibilities. Unfortunately, modern technologies do not always make life easier. Simplicity Day is celebrated annually on July 12. If you feel tired, it’s time to relax and devote the day to yourself.
There is no reliable information about who invented the holiday, but it is known for certain it was founded in honor of the famous American poet and philosopher Henry David Thoreau. He is known for becoming a naturalist and urged everyone to simplify life as much as possible, taking more time to walk and being outdoors. It turns out that a person can do quite a lot to make life easier.
Tips for Simplifying Life by David Thoreau
- Use the slow cooker for cooking.
- Do not give in to stress, do not complicate your life. Remember, for every difficulty, there is a solution.
- Set a goal for yourself and live for it. Find what is most important to you – it can be activities, goals, things.
- Keep a diary of new achievements, and note even small successes.
- Before you go shopping, make a list and don’t buy things you don’t need. Avoid impulsive purchases.
- Allow yourself to get away from modern technology and turn off your phone, at least sometimes.
How to take part
Focus on reducing waste. Think about it – more than $1.2 trillion is spent annually on non-essentials in America. Switch to a minimalist lifestyle, cut down on accessories and clothes. Minimalism will make you reconsider your attitude towards material things and realize how useless they are. Spend the day in silence and solitude. Lead a healthy lifestyle, listen to your body – it will tell you what is important. Turn off social networks for one day, and tell us about how you spent Simplicity Day the next day.
When is Simplicity Day celebrated in 2023?
Simplicity Day is observed on July 12 each year.