If you want to clean out the house or just please someone, it is time to celebrate National Give Something Away Day. This is a kind and noble holiday that promotes helping strangers and charitable organizations, as well as everyone who will benefit from your gift.
The holiday was founded by Linda Eaton Hall-Fulcher, a well-known philanthropist. In 2015, she made an attempt to do something noble and give back to the world. She announced her intention on a social network page and since then, her idea has gained national proportions. Now, every year on July 15, people in many countries celebrate National Give Something Away Day.
Interesting factss about charity
- The essence of charity is to give something to a needy person that they need at no charge, and at the same time feel, better.
- Charity inspires others to do good deeds.
- Charitable organizations work and exist thanks to donations from people who contribute more than 73% of the financial funds of such companies.
- The largest donations are usually made in December. The share of corporate donations is 5% of total donations. Donations to arts and culture account for 5% of total voluntary contributions, and 14% for education.
- Since 1977, the size of donations has been regularly increasing, only decreasing for three years that are on record – 1987, 2008, and 2009.
How to take part
The easiest way to celebrate a holiday is to give something to someone; for example, donate clothes to those in need, feed a hungry person, or donate money to a charity. Giving is the easiest way to bring something good into the lives of others and your own. Start simple – compliment a friend or give them an item from your wardrobe that they have dreamed about. Of course, be grateful for the good deeds in your area.
When is National Give Something Away Day celebrated in 2023?
National Give Something Away Day is observed on July 15 each year.