New Conversation Day falls on July 12, which is an interesting day on the calendar. This holiday helps people communicate with each other and find new acquaintances. It appeared as a nod to how difficult it is to build new friendships.
New Conversation Day is an excellent opportunity to communicate with each other. It is the conversation that is the basis of human relations. Humans are social, with the need for communication is inherent in our nature. The purpose of each conversation varies – the need to voice thoughts, get closer to another person, or discuss important topics. Regardless of the purpose, the essence of the conversation and the participants in the conversation must understand each other.
- Try to understand the speaker. It teaches you to appreciate other opinions.
- Conversations are necessary to maintain peace and friendship between people, regardless of the differences between them.
- It is often difficult to start a conversation with a stranger because of the preconceived notions we have.
- To make a conversation pleasant and constructive, do not think about the other’s appearance. Forget about rumors, make a real effort to get to know the person better, their inner world and beliefs.
- Conversations are conducted in accordance with the established norms of etiquette. Conversation is more than words; it is also body language and gestures.
- If you want to learn how to have a relaxed, easy conversation, read more books about psychology, or watch films where there is a lot of dialogue. It doesn’t matter – funny, sad, philosophical – each one is useful and instructive.
- There are four kinds of conversations – about ideas and plans, concrete facts, about other people, or about oneself.
How to take part
Talk to your housemate if you don’t already know them; it’s time to correct this omission. It is not easy for a new person in the house to adapt, so help them with this. Volunteer at a hospital, nursing home, or other facility that needs help. Talk to someone who is really lonely and has no one to talk to.
When is New Conversations Day celebrated in 2023?
New Conversations Day is observed on July 12 each year.