July 11 is a special day when every pet owner celebrates All-American Pet Photo Day. One condition – the photos must be patriotic. It doesn’t matter what breed of dog, cat, or ferret you have. Choose patriotic clothes for your pet, take a few pictures, and post them on social networks.
In some ways, All American Pet Photo Day is reminiscent of National Pet Day, which was established by Colleen Page. It is important to satisfy the need to care for something, so for centuries people have kept pets. At first, dogs were available only to aristocrats, used in hunting and demonstrated the owner’s status. In the second half of the 19th century, the middle class also bred dogs, reptiles, and rabbits.
Animals help people overcome loneliness and eliminate a lack of communication. Many owners need to show off their pets, and for this there are social networks and the All-American Pet Photo Day holiday.
- Today there are even therapeutic animals; for example, dogs are brought to children’s hospitals, and some diseases of the nervous system are successfully treated with dolphins and horses.
- All-American Pet Photo Day is a great way to thank pets for their love and attention.
- 60% of Americans have pets. Among them, 44% have dogs, 29% cats, and 17% a cat and a dog.
- 10% of Americans have an aquarium with fish. In total, there are about 140 million domestic fish in America.
- 5% of Americans prefer to keep reptiles or snakes.
- In the 18th and 19th centuries, newspapers published obituaries for dead pets.
- Every year, about 2.5 animals are taken from shelters, and a family spends an average of $ 1,200 a year to maintain their pet.
How to take part
Take a photo of your pet in a national costume and post it on social networks. Some owners hold real American-themed photo shoots. Use the hashtag #AllAmericanPetPhotoDay. If you have the opportunity, adopt a pet from a shelter; choose with your heart, as a cute animal will bring love and special moments into your life.
When is All American Pet Photo Day Celebrated in 2023?
All American Pet Photo Day is associated with the anticipation of happiness and joy. It is observed on July the 11th each year.