National Blueberry Muffin Day was created specifically for those who love the aroma and taste of the summer berry – blueberries. Fragrant baking is appropriate for any holiday; it will be a great start to the day, but, of course, blueberry pie is perfect at any time of the day.
Blueberry muffin is a story of culinary success. However, this is how many recipes are born that become hits. For a long time, blueberries were used for baking in America, as it was very popular. Pilgrims who arrived in America noticed blueberries are practically unused. Since then, it has been added to baked goods, used in ice cream and pancakes, and frozen berries are added to drinks and smoothies. Pickled blueberries are a great base for sweets. But National Blueberry Muffin Day is dedicated to a specific dessert – the blueberry muffin. Unfortunately, it is impossible to say exactly when it became a national holiday.
- The best breakfast in America is a blueberry muffin and a glass of milk or a cup of coffee.
- Muffins can be eaten warm or cold; a cold one does not lose its taste and aroma.
- To spice up the muffins, you can use your favorite syrup or chocolate icing.
- Blueberry bushes were only grown on an industrial scale in the 1900s. Berries are not only tasty but also healthy – they are rich in vitamins C and B6.
- Regular consumption of blueberries improves digestion, mental state, strengthens the heart muscle, and gives the skin a healthy look.
How to take part
Visit your nearest bakery and order some fresh, flavorful muffins. If you love to bake, search the Internet for a recipe and bake muffins for your loved ones and close friends. Don’t forget to share with your neighbors. Share your progress on social media with the hashtag #NationalBlueberryMuffinDay. Do not miss the opportunity to enjoy the amazing taste, pleasant emotions, and sincere joy that dessert and good company will give.
When is National Blueberry Muffin Day Celebrated in 2023?
National Blueberry Muffin Day is associated with the anticipation of happiness and joy. It is observed on July the 11th each year.