National Personal Chef Day honors both women and men working as personal chefs. One of the reasons for this holiday is the confusion between professions. Many people confuse a personal chef, who works with different clients, and a private chef, who works in the home of one client. Every year on July 16, we honor our personal chefs. They work directly in a client’s house or restaurant, or the dishes are delivered to the client’s home.
National Personal Chef Day was proposed by the Association of Personal Chefs. In America, the demand for these culinary specialists is growing every year. The number of personal chefs who are members of the Association is increasing every year. Membership in this organization helps chefs develop, organize their business, undergo training, and take part in conferences.
- A personal chef is a practical solution for people with busy work schedules, making it impossible to eat fresh meals.
- While earlier only the elite could afford these services, today more and more people are turning to these professionals for help.
- The services of a personal chef are especially relevant for people who need special nutrition.
- The task of a personal chef is to thoroughly study the culinary habits of the client, their preferences, and possible allergic reactions to products.
- Personal chefs are people who have graduated from a culinary school or faculty. However, there are also cases in history when people without special education, but who showed an interest in cooking, became personal chefs.
How to take part
If you are passionate about cooking and want to make a big change in your life, National Personal Chef Day is the best opportunity to start a new career and become a personal chef. If there is a cook in your circle, congratulate them on their professional holiday and thank them for their work. Share this great day on social media using the hashtag #PersonalChefDay.
When is National Personal Chef Day celebrated in 2023?
National Personal Chef Day is observed on July 16 each year.