National Knock-Knock Jokes Day takes place on October 31st, bringing joy and laughter to the autumn season. It’s a great way to lift your spirits and bring good vibes to those around you.
Humor has been around since antiquity; however, the earliest recorded version of a joke can be traced back to the early 1900s. In 1929, a book was published containing humorous stories told to children. Since then, the world of humor has been developing exponentially.
- Aristotle believed that the ability to laugh is what separates us from animals.
- Tickling results in an itchy irritation if it is done by another person, but not if you tickle yourself.
- Laughter is contagious, similar to yawning.
- Even intense pain can be dulled by a good laugh.
- The most cheerful population can be found in Cuba and Brazil; the least in Scandinavian countries.
- Some scientists believe that 10 minutes of laughter a day is essential for good health.
How to take part
To take part in National Knock-Knock Jokes Day, why not watch some comedies with friends and family? Alternatively, you can host a stand-up comedy competition and reward the winner with a prize. And if you’re feeling a bit shy, it’s the perfect opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and put a smile on someone’s face.
When is National Knock Knock Jokes Day celebrated in 2022?
National Knock Knock Jokes Day is observed on October 31 each year.