World Stroke Day is celebrated on October 29 all over the world. The date raises important questions: tells people about the danger of a stroke and the causes of its occurrence, teaches the right actions in case of attacks. This is important, because the disease does not sleep and can strike at any moment.
The WSO founded the holiday in 2006. This is a non-profit institution that helps people who have had a stroke return to normal life. She is also responsible for research and education in this area so that patient care is even better and more efficient. Every year a new hot topic is raised.
According to statistics, 1 out of 6 diseases of the cardiovascular system is caused by a stroke. The essence of the blow is the cessation of blood supply and functioning of a part of the brain as a result of damage to the vessel. Brain cells need oxygen, but since they do not receive it, they begin to die. This explains that at the slightest suspicion of a stroke, treatment should be carried out immediately. Of the alarming factors: speech difficulties, dizziness, inability to move, confusion …
There is a stroke due to many factors: smoking, alcohol abuse, fatty foods in the diet. If you eliminate bad habits and play sports, then this risk is reduced. Take care of your heart!
Did you know that:
- about 80% of stroke cases could be prevented if people took the disease seriously;
- the disease can affect both the elderly and the young;
- slightly more than 15% of patients fully recover;
- a person after a stroke needs daily help from relatives and doctors;
- the temple can contribute to stroke: at this time, the supply of oxygen to the brain decreases, because of this, the risk of circulatory disorders increases.
How to celebrate
Find out as much as you can about the disease, take action and tell your loved ones about the disease. Become a volunteer and help patients recover. Make a donation to help the sick.
When is World Stroke Day celebrated in 2022?
World Stroke Day is observed on October 29 each year.