Kiss and Make Up Day is a special holiday that aims to encourage people to reconcile with loved ones and put an end to negative emotions caused by conflicts and misunderstandings. It is celebrated on August 25th.
The holiday was created by a woman named Jacqueline W. Milgate. She believed that life is too short to hold grudges and that if someone is important to you, the best way to resolve conflicts is through a kiss. The reason why the holiday is scheduled for August 25th is unknown, it could be a special date for Jacqueline Milgate.
- Kissing is not as simple as it seems. There is an entire science dedicated to it called philematology.
- Ancient Roman men would kiss their wives on the lips to check if they had been drinking wine.
- The first kiss on screen was filmed in 1896 by Canadian William Hayes, who acted as both the director and cinematographer. He filmed the final scene of the play-musical “Widow Jones,” where the main characters, Billy Bikes and the widow, kissed. The silent short film is 30 seconds long.
- Kissing burns 5 to 30 calories. For comparison, walking at a brisk pace for a minute only burns 4-5 calories.
- Studies show that 90% of the population of the world kisses, while the remaining 10% are peoples without this tradition.
- Kissing helps to strengthen the immune system and reduce stress levels.
- Research shows that 43% of people prefer kissing their pets over loved ones, family members, and friends!
How to take part
You can celebrate Kiss and Make Up Day by reconciling with someone you quarreled with through a kiss, or by just kissing your loved ones. Remember, kissing is good!
When is Kiss and Make Up Day Celebrated in 2023?
Kiss and Make Up Day is devoted to celebrating cheerfulness and fun. It happens annually on August the 25th.