Moms and dads perform the functions of educators, teachers, doctors, coaches, mentors, friends, and guardian angels. Congratulate them on Global Day of Parents and tell them how much their care means on June 1.
In the 1980s, issues of children and the family received increased attention at the state level. Printed publications and magazines with articles for parents about the psychological mechanisms of upbringing appeared. This cute holiday was established by the UN General Assembly in 2012. Parents are an example to children and guide them. Childcare begins during pregnancy, when a woman experiences difficulties and copes with them, observing the necessary restrictions, rules, and multiple prescriptions of doctors. It is important to appreciate and understand scale the of psychological liability adults experience in an effort to give the best to their children.
One does not choose one’s parents. It is necessary to work on family relationships by compromising. Let’s listen and learn mutual understanding.
- According to statistics, a person interacts with their parents most of the time. They are the people closest to you, with an unbreakable bond.
- Most people recognize their parents’ wisdom, and regret not following their advice when it was necessary.
- Genetics is a powerful mechanism. Children unconsciously repeat their parents’ gait, external attributes, duplicate their view on life, and show similar character traits (perseverance, impulsiveness, compassion, aptitude for science/physical work).
- Hereditary destructive qualities can be translated into a positive direction: aggression, short temper is realized in sports, and turns into a manifestation of the will to win.
The task of parents is to determine a baby’s inclinations and develop them positively.
How to take part
- Visit your parents if you live far from them. Arrange a family dinner and cook your parents’ favorite dishes.
- Be attentive to the older generation’s needs. Remember what your parents dreamed about for a long time and try to make it happen.
- Communicate, learn from their experiences.
- Visit interesting an exhibition with your parents, go to a movie.
- Being a parent is more than walks in the park and ice cream on the weekends. It requires constant effort, with no days off. But it pays off in a child’s unconditional love.
When is Global Day of Parents celebrated in 2023?
Global Day of Parents is observed on June 1 each year.