Stick Out Your Tongue Day is a fun, unusual holiday celebrated every year on July 19th. Surely every person at least once in their life jokingly showed their tongue to someone. In some cultures, this gesture is considered a manifestation of rudeness and bad manners, but in Tibet, this is how they greet each other. In the doctor’s office, there is nothing offensive in a protruding tongue, since the doctor assesses the patient’s condition by the state of it.
The tongue is a group of muscles that work without the participation and support of the skeleton. The main function of this organ is to determine the taste and temperature of food. In addition, the tongue performs a protective function, since it is able to determine a potential danger – the source of infection or disease. The tongue is directly involved in the natural cleaning of the teeth and oral cavity, helping a person to speak.
Obviously, Stick Out Your Tongue Day is not just a fun holiday, but dedicated to an important human organ. However, it still remains a mystery who invented this holiday and when.
- The state of the tongue can give hints to a person’s health, so consult a doctor if you notice anything unusual on it.
- Some people, regardless of age, unconsciously stick out their tongue a little when they are busy and focused on something.
- The tongue is the most flexible part of the body and contains from 2 to 4 thousand taste buds.
- A tongue print is as unique as a fingerprint.
- The longest tongue is almost 4 inches, as recorded in the Guinness Book of Records.
How to take part
No one will judge you if you show your tongue as a joke to someone. Stick Out Your Tongue Day is the only time you can do it boldly without fear of offending. If you notice a strange coating on the tongue, visit a doctor. Talk about the holiday on social networks and share interesting facts.
When is Stick Out Your Tongue Day Celebrated in 2023?
Stick Out Your Tongue Day is associated with the anticipation of happiness and joy. It is observed on July the 19th each year.