Star Wars Day is celebrated by fans of the movie saga around the world. For them, this is a great reason to review a favorite film created by famous American director George Lucas.
It is believed the celebration day was chosen by chance, as a result of wordplay. The Jedi’s phrase: “May the force be with you” sounds similar to May 4th. This criterion was decisive in selecting holiday’s date.
In addition, on May 4, 1979, the elected British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher was greeted by supporters with the phrase “May 4th be with you, Maggie!”. Perhaps this phrase also became the reason for selecting the date.
Did you know?
- Not many people know about the Star Wars Holiday Special existence. The script was written by the famous saga’s director. But afterward he denied authorship.
- The ships did not move. This effect was created by rotating the camera around objects and using computer programs.
- Working on the Luke Skywalker character, the director considered making it a girl, a dwarf, and an elderly general.
- Chewbacca’s character was drawn from the director’s actual dog.
- The cowardly and greedy character Nute Gunray’s name contains an anagram of an American President Reagan’s surname.
When is Star Wars Day celebrated in 2022?
Star Wars Day is observed on May 4 each year.