Star Trek Day is celebrated by millions of people around the world. The holiday is dedicated to one of the best science fiction stories and TV shows. Even after so many years, its literary and cinematic works collect a huge army of fans. Today, Star Trek has become a truly admired universe.
The first series of the space saga was aired in 1966, on September 8th. It is noteworthy that according to the reviews of the audience, the first series turned out to be very unsuccessful, but the subsequent ones did better. The show was canceled a few years later, but was revived in 1969 thanks to fan efforts. The first convention of Star Trek fans was attended by thousands of people in 1972. This was confirmation of the popularity of the series, so it was revived and an animated series was released, which was awarded an Emmy.
- The film Star Trek was also released, and became quite successful.
- All six films of the stellar saga have become classics, but the real success came after the release of Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan.
- In the 20th century, the Star Trek franchise became Paramount’s most successful franchise.
- The director originally intended Spock to be red.
- Eddie Murphy refused to participate in the fourth part of the franchise, but the King of Jordan played an episodic role in the series.
How to take part
Stock up on popcorn and watch all the seasons of the franchise; immerse yourself in an amazing world and experience exciting adventures. Throw a party together while watching, believe me, watching with friends is incredibly fun. Attend the Star Trek convention and you will be at the show’s biggest event yet.
When is Star Trek Day in 2023?
Star Trek Day is observed on September 8 each year.