Pink Cadillac Day is a holiday founded in honor of the iconic car, which became a real landmark of America in the middle of the last century. Thanks to Elvis Presley and Bruce Springsteen, an inconspicuous, at first glance, car has turned into a work of art and a symbol of luxury. On September 1, 1957, Elvis Presley’s legendary performance took place in Tacoma, Washington, at the Lincoln Bowl. Since then, the beginning of fall has been associated with pink, unexpected impulses.
The Americans affectionately call the famous pink Cadillac the Caddy. It is not surprising that the bright color of the car attracted the attention of people, because in the middle of the last century, tights, shiny belts with large buckles, and sideburns were held in high esteem. Style icons at the time were Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, and Johnny Ace. The pink Cadillac is a reflection of how American culture has changed since World War II. In addition, it was in the middle of the last century that cars became available to millions of Americans. Elvis Presley is associated with the Cultural Revolution, as he forced his neighbor to repaint a traditional black Cadillac in pink. Until now, millions of people around the world take part in auctions and sales to buy a pink Cadillac figurine.
- Elvis Presley was a fan of cars. His fleet consisted of more than 200 cars.
- It was Elvis Presley who came up with his own dance style, which is characterized by active pelvic movements. For this, the singer got the title “Elvis the Pelvis”.
- Elvis Presley was eccentric in everything, even in his culinary preferences. He liked to eat deep-fried pickles.
- The singer actively starred in films, and his filmography includes more than 30 cinematic works.
- It sounds rather strange, but during his career Presley did not give a single concert outside of North America, but he is loved all over the world.
How to take part
On Pink Cadillac Day, pick up some pink wardrobe items, throw an Elvis Presley themed party, and toast this amazing man who has become a symbol of the era. Read about the automobile boom that took place in the middle of the last century in America. Be bold and original, inspired by the images and lifestyle of Elvis Presley.
When is Pink Cadillac Day celebrated in 2023?
Pink Cadillac Day is observed on September 1 each year.