National Sunday Supper Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of January and once again gathers the family at the same table after the past holidays. This is the perfect time to meet with loved ones and have dinner for an interesting conversation. Agree, such holidays should be held more often.
It is not necessary to have a celebration in January – get into the habit of having dinner with loved ones every Sunday. If you live in different cities, this can be done via video link! National Day was created by Isabelle Lessing in 2012. Her idea was simple – to seat relatives at the table, because sometimes communication is so lacking. Isabelle really missed her daughter when she left for college, so she came up with a way out.
Lessing was inspired and started blogging. Together with eight bloggers, she arranged a virtual dinner – this was the first time the celebration took place. The woman collaborates with various organizations in the food and wine industry – together they achieve family reconciliation!
Why family dinner is so important:
- This is a great opportunity to see family and talk. Make it a rule not to tell bad news at the table – do it before or after;
- eating healthy food: what parent would feed their children with unhealthy fast food?;
- family unity – you can definitely cope with small troubles;
- learning good manners. Habits of right behavior are literally recorded in memory;
- good memories. How wonderful to listen and tell stories that happened in the family.
How to celebrate
You know what to do on National Sunday Supper Day. There are no barriers to get together and spend the weekend fun and useful. Prepare dinner: find out about the taste preferences of households. Tell others about the holiday so that the tradition does not disappear.
When is National Sunday Supper Day celebrated in 2024?
National Sunday Supper Day is observed on the second Sunday in January each year.