National Spouses Day is designed for married couples who are looking for a reason to please their soulmate. Today, you can indulge in romantic memories of the past and try to arrange a new date. The notion that people become disillusioned after marriage is wrong. The main thing is to be able to please your loved one. The holiday is celebrated on January 26th.
It is not known exactly who came up with the idea of celebrating a celebration dedicated to married couples. It is popularly believed that this idea came to the mind of a happy married person. The main goal is to spend as much time as possible with your soulmate, to find happiness, harmony and peace. On this day, it is customary to apologize for all committed misconduct and swear eternal love.
Unlike Valentine’s Day, which falls on February 14, there is no symbol for the holiday. Gifts are given by spouses at their discretion, but preference is given to verbal congratulations and caring gestures.
According to scientific studies, hugging helps to reduce stress levels, as does holding hands. It is enough to give up all the problems for one day and try to spend time with the only person you can trust with your heart.
- According to research, the 3rd year of marriage is the happiest.
- Approximately one hundred couples in the United States of America divorce every hour, but there is no official confirmation.
- In France, there is a law that allows you to marry a deceased person.
- According to statistics, only 30% of spouses share all household duties equally. In other cases, most of the responsibility lies with the fair sex.
- The most annoying thing in a woman’s life together is the scattering of socks and regular snoring.
How to celebrate
There are a huge number of ways to surprise your partner and please him. You just need to choose the right one, based on the tastes and preferences of your lover:
- Romantic dinner. All love movies have a scene where a couple sits at a candlelit table. Try to repeat the same in real life. Such a surprise is quite typical, but still attractive.
- Walk around the place where the first date took place. Try to remember the feelings that you experienced when you met your future soulmate.
When is National Spouses Day celebrated in 2023?
National Spouses Day is observed on January 26 each year.