National Coffee Ice Cream Day is dedicated to a dessert loved by millions. It is celebrated on September 6 and people all over the world join in the fun and delicious events. The combination of sweet ice cream and bitter coffee appeared in 1919. Many years have passed since then, but the popularity of this coffee-flavored sweetness has not decreased.
There are two great ways to end a meal in the world – ice cream and coffee. And if you combine these two tastes, you get an incredible extravaganza, a colorful explosion of flavors. It is noteworthy that people have been eating ice cream since 3000 BC, and drinking coffee since the 15th century, but it took centuries to combine these two tastes. The history of coffee is incredibly interesting and covers different continents and countries. It was discovered in the Middle East, then ended up in Britain and then in Europe. And Nero liked to eat the first flavored ice cream; snow was collected for him in the mountains and served with honey, nuts, and fruits.
- Real ice cream, which the world enjoys today, was invented by confectioner Bernardo Buontalenti, who prepared this treat for Catherine de Medici.
- In 1770, New York City began serving a dessert which consisted of semi-frozen coffee, as well as dairy products.
- The first recipe for coffee ice cream appeared in 1869.
- Coffee is the most popular alternative to water.
- The US is the second largest ice cream consuming country, following New Zealand.
How to take part
National Coffee Ice Cream Day is a special day for cafes, confectioneries, and coffeehouses. On September 6 they sell coffee ice cream at a discount. Gather your friends and go to your favorite place. If you like fun, organize a party with ice cream and various drinks. If you are attracted to cooking, prepare a dessert with your own hands; you can experiment and add your favorite ingredients to the treat – nuts, berries, or chocolate.
When is National Coffee Ice Cream Day in 2022?
National Coffee Ice Cream Day is observed on September 6 each year.