National Bavarian Cream Pie is celebrated in the USA on November 27th. Another holiday for the sweet tooth! None of their people would refuse to eat a piece of pie any day. Today you can do it without hesitation.
Some researchers claim that the cream has been improved in France. A chef who is considered the founder of haute cuisine, Marie-Antoine Carême, is involved in this. The data claim that the cream included gelatin, water, wine, vanillin, sugar, milk, egg yolks, etc. Today, the same recipe is used. The pie itself was named in the 19th century. After the 1900s, desserts became very popular!
Did you know that:
- classic Bavarian cream existed in the US in 1884 – they were mentioned in cookbooks;
- it is believed that the cream was prepared for the royal family from Germany – the Wittelsbachs. It was the richest clan in Europe;
- in times before the 19th century there were no special inventions for churning cream, so people used various improvised means. Willow branch – was one of the devices;
- Bavarian cream reflects many tastes, can be combined with chocolate, vanilla, banana … There are many variations;
- the most useful cream is fresh, it retains calcium and fluorine.
How to celebrate
On National Day, eating dessert is a must. This can be done by visiting your favorite cafe where they prepare dessert, or you can study the recipes and create it yourself. Invite loved ones, ask for help in cooking, or try to manage alone to surprise others with delicious taste. Compete on the Internet with like-minded people: post photos of the resulting desserts and vote for the most beautiful one.
When is National Bavarian Cream Pie celebrated in 2022?
National Bavarian Cream Pie is observed on November 27 each year.