National Bavarian Cream Pie Day is celebrated in the USA on November 27th. It’s a great holiday for those with a sweet tooth! On this day, you can indulge in a piece of pie without hesitation.
Some researchers suggest that the cream originated in France and was supposedly improved by the renowned haute cuisine chef, Marie-Antoine Carême. The ingredients of the original recipe include gelatin, water, wine, vanillin, sugar, milk, egg yolks, and more. This recipe is still used today and the pie was named in the 19th century. After the 1900s, desserts became increasingly popular!
- Classic Bavarian cream was mentioned in cookbooks as early as 1884.
- It is believed that the cream was prepared for the royal family from Germany, the Wittelsbachs, who were the richest clan in Europe at the time.
- Before the 19th century, people used various improvised means to churn cream, such as a willow branch.
- Bavarian cream comes in many flavors and can be combined with chocolate, vanilla, banana, and more. There are many variations.
- The freshest cream is the most nutritious, as it retains calcium and fluorine.
How to take part
On National Bavarian Cream Pie Day, you can’t go wrong with eating dessert! You can visit your favorite café and try their version of the dessert, or you can study the recipes and create it yourself. Invite your loved ones to help in the cooking process or surprise them with the delicious results. You can also join in the fun by competing with other bakers online! Post photos of your creations and vote for your favorite.
When is National Bavarian Cream Pie celebrated in 2023?
National Bavarian Cream Pie is observed on November 27 each year.