Mad Hatter Day is a holiday that embodies the key character in the fairy tale “Alice in Wonderland”. We won’t believe you never saw the picture. So take out your hats, hide your bad mood and celebrate a fun date with us!
The events are held on October 6 for a reason. English artist and cartoonist John Tenniel illustrated the character in a hat with a sheet of paper. If you were careful when viewing, you saw the inscription here – 10/6. The creators of the holiday took advantage of these numbers, converting them to the format (mm / dd), but in fact they mean the cost of the accessory – 10 shillings and 6 pence.
The goal is simple: to give people the opportunity to show their stupid side. The one that we used to not show anyone! The Hatter is a funny character, he is known for his strange riddles. Despite his originality, the hero seems sweet and spontaneous. We are sure that by studying our ridiculous places, we can get to know ourselves better!
- the first official Mad Hatter Day took place in 1988;
- many people use the phrase “Crazy as a hatter”;
- the book was translated into 125 languages of the world, but it was not so easy because of the loss of original humor;
- the fairy tale was filmed more than 40 times;
- in the original version of the book, the extravagant Hatter did not exist. However, the Cheshire cat was also absent from the first edition;
- Salvador Dali painted 13 watercolors for different storylines;
- perhaps the hatter was a real person and was modeled after Theophilus Carter, who created the bed-shaped alarm clock.
How to celebrate
Watch your favorite movie again. Fans claim that the picture is revealed in a new way with each new viewing. Put on a stupid hat – why not? Or get together with friends and throw a movie-themed party. Don’t be afraid to be silly and do fun things!
When is Mad Hatter Day in 2022?
Mad Hatter Day is observed on October 6 each year.