Job Action Day is celebrated every year on November 7, the holiday was founded with one goal – to recognize the right of every person to a beloved, decent job. It’s not about any profession to survive. We are talking about work that will bring moral and financial satisfaction. The event was founded by QuintCareers in 2008. The day was supposed to motivate the temporarily unemployed to look for work, and those who are already working to strive further and higher.
The holiday appeared in 2008 and has been held annually since then with the financial support of one of the largest sites for job seekers – LiveCareer. In addition, this day brings together experts in the field of career development, that is, you can get professional advice from the best specialists. Job Action Day is a celebration of empowerment for everyone. The main thing is not to be afraid of change, boldly go forward, overcome difficulties, because they make us stronger, stronger, bolder, more resilient, more flexible in making decisions.
- There are about 16 million private entrepreneurs in America. Agree, this is a worthy motivation for those who are still employed.
- Almost 40%, and that’s more than 56 million working people in America, are millennials – people born between 1981 and 1996. They are representatives of a new generation.
- Despite the gender policy that is actively pursued in America and is aimed at maintaining equality between men and women, women’s salaries are still less than those of men.
- In the middle of the 19th century, agriculture provided about 50% of jobs in America, today this percentage has dropped significantly.
- The share of the manufacturing industry is also decreasing – in the second half of the 20th century – 26%, today – 10%.
How to celebrate
Carefully study your work, evaluate career prospects, job responsibilities and honestly answer the question – do you really want to go every morning to where you are going? Are you really passionate about your chosen profession? Are you suppressing your true desires? It’s time for frank questions, honest answers and decisive action. Make a plan of action and allow yourself to look at the world more broadly.
When is Job Action Day celebrated in 2022?
Job Action Day is observed on the first Monday of November each year.