One of the most cheerful and joyful holidays has been celebrated on January 24 for more than 15 years. Belly Laugh Day was established specifically so that people can have fun from the heart and forget about problems and difficulties at least for a day. Laughter not only improves mood, replenishes the balance of positive energy, but also prolongs life.
The idea to celebrate Belly Laugh Day came to yoga teacher Elaine Helle in 2005. One day she thought about the fact that people do not appreciate the importance of laughter at all. A lot of philosophical works exist on the topics of the importance of love, mutual understanding, respect in life, but neither scientists nor psychologists have recently mentioned laughter from the heart.
The first to describe the value of laughter in life was the ancient Greek writer Herodotus. Ramon Mora Ripoll conducted research for a long time and came to the conclusion that laughter can cure some diseases. This applies not only to nervous disorders, but also to infectious diseases. A few minutes of perky laughter can energize a person for several hours.
- Cheerful people are less prone to cardiovascular disease. According to the latest data from the American Research Center, a gloomy person is 40% more likely to suffer from heart pain.
- On average, 6 year olds laugh over 300 times a day.
- 15 minutes of perky laughter kill the number of calories in the body contained in 100 grams. chocolate bar.
- Scientists have calculated if a person laughs heartily for 15 minutes. per day, he will prolong his life by a year.
- The most gloomy people are the population of the Scandinavian countries, and the most cheerful and smiling are the Brazilians and Cubans.
How to celebrate
Be sure to take the time and watch a good comedy that day that will make you laugh until you have stomach cramps. If desired, the film can be replaced by reading a funny book.
Host a joke contest during your lunch break at work. After 30-40 min. laughter, the second half of the working day will pass much easier and faster.
If possible, visit a circus performance, clowns will not let you get bored, and their jokes will make not only children but also adults have fun and laugh.
It is good to celebrate this day with friends. You can offer a competition for the funniest or most curious situation in life, or just remember the fun moments that you had to experience together.
When is Belly Laugh Day celebrated in 2023?
Belly Laugh Day is observed on January 24 each year.