Barbie and Barney Backlash Day is a holiday for parents. Agree, these characters sometimes get on your nerves! Especially during the holidays, when it’s hard to find a TV channel that doesn’t show these two. Perhaps this is the first date that does not praise them!
Barbie has been around for over 50 years. It’s hard to find a girl growing up in the 2000s who wouldn’t want a bright and beautiful doll! Its creator is Ruth Handler, who opened Mattel with her husband. Actually, the company became famous all over the world after the release of the long-legged beauty.
Barney is a purple dinosaur who has become a true friend to many kids. It was created by designer Sheryl Leach and introduced into the famous show “Barney & Friends”. The woman came up with his image for a reason: this is how she wanted to involve her son in educational programs. Initially, a bear was planned for his role, but the child had a great love for dinosaurs.
Despite the fact that these are cool heroes who gave a lot of love to the kids, their era is still gone. Today, there are many other interesting characters that children know and love. Many parents do not understand why they show the same programs over and over if they can be presented at least in doses! The purpose of the date is to hide boring toys and do something else with the children.
It’s amazing that:
- initially Mattel produced framed pictures;
- the first doll was dark-haired, her hair was not loose, but pulled up in a high ponytail;
- Barbie soon had a friend – Ken. It is named after Ruth’s son;
- a program about a funny dinosaur did not immediately become popular;
- while watching Barney & Friends, people were divided into 2 groups: some believed that the program is ideal for preschoolers, others claim that the plots have a low educational ability.
How to celebrate
Forget about annoying characters in Barbie and Barney Backlash Day – create a day of silence! Think about why they are annoying and write down the thoughts. Discuss the holiday on social networks and find like-minded people.
When is Barbie and Barney Backlash Day celebrated in 2022?
Barbie and Barney Backlash Day is observed on December 16 each year.