World Wildlife Conservation Day is celebrated on December 4 in the world. What do you think is the most dangerous species on the planet? The answer is simple – a person. Animals are destroyed every year due to poaching and human greed. Can’t we stop it? Join the celebration and learn more about it!
Hillary Clinton in 2012 took up the issue of wildlife conservation. She called on all those who are part of this movement to raise awareness of the population and raise the current problems of illegal trafficking in animal resources on the black markets. The issue was approached globally and presented a serious strategy directed from the White House.
Prohibitions exist in almost all countries of the world, but this does not prevent people from engaging in criminal activities and poaching. This is facilitated by corruption and criminals who intimidate the police and the rangers of the reserves, who are often attacked by attackers. Man has been living in close contact with nature for a long time, but has never learned how to take care of it… It is in the power of each of us to change the world for the better!
Terrifying statistics about poaching:
- due to illegal capture, the black rhinoceros population has decreased by more than 97% since 1960;
- up to 38 thousand elephants die annually due to the hands of smugglers, their desired prey is the bone of an animal, from which jewelry and dishes are made;
- often poison is left on the animal’s carcass to kill the vultures swarming over the carcass. So the crime scene will not attract the eyes of caretakers;
- with the current level of poaching, very soon many animal species will simply disappear from the face of the earth;
- for one black tiger you can get about 50 thousand dollars.
How to celebrate
Find out about current issues on the official website for nature protection. We are sure that the information will amaze and horrify you! Become an activist and offer your help. Make donations to participating organizations. Spread the word about the holiday through social networks!
When is World Wildlife Conservation Day celebrated in 2022?
World Wildlife Conservation Day is observed on December 4 each year.