World Smile Day announces that a smile and a good mood will save the planet from evil! If everyone gives positive to others, then he himself will receive a boost of energy for the whole day! This is the most accessible emotion in the world – why don’t people use it every day instead of a dull frown? Join the celebration on the first Friday of October!
The holiday was founded in 1999. His goal is to make people smile and do good deeds every day. Sometimes even one kind word can influence a person, confirming thousands of stories.
The date reminds us of the creator of the emoticon, a symbol that has taken root in our lives. Do you remember the last time you sent a smiley via messenger? It was probably today or even 2 minutes ago. It was drawn by graphic artist Harvey Ball and clearly did not expect that he would wake up famous in the morning. Few creative individuals can boast of lightning-fast recognition.
The smiley has appeared in popular films – Forest Gump, Watchmen. It is so recognizable that even now you are 100% designing it in your head! No wonder they say that everything ingenious is simple, because there is nothing special in the drawing.
Did you know that a smile
- generates a good mood and is contagiously transmitted to the recipient;
- the same in all languages - you will understand the interlocutor without words;
- appears more often in children, adults think about problems, worries and tomorrow;
- is divided into 18 types – says the American psychologist Paul Ekman;
- prolongs a person’s life;
- it happens in animals, however, there are heated debates among scientists about this.
How to celebrate
In the modern world there is a devaluation of a smile. Our task is to return to her the warmth and sincerity that she deserves. Infect others with positive, tell about the benefits! Do something that makes you laugh: watch a comedy, play the guitar, sing your favorite song. Today is no place for sadness!
When is World Smile Day celebrated in 2022?
World Smile Day is observed on the first Friday in October each year.