World Farm Animals Day is celebrated on October 2 and tells that animals do not deserve human cruelty. Sometimes they are kept in completely wild conditions… Our task is to prevent this and fight for their rights!
The date was not chosen in vain: it coincides with the birthday of the famous human rights activist Mahatma Gandhi. He often said that all living things, regardless of species, should be treated with the same respect. The spiritual leader was known as a true legend!
The holiday was founded in 1983. The initiator was the movement to protect the rights of farm animals. The date is like a bloody reminder of the torment experienced by animals on farms and slaughterhouses around the world. There is serious work ahead, but the situation is gradually changing for the better.
There is a scheme approved by the Royal Society that suggests proper housekeeping. Many farmers use it with success, especially those who are starting to develop in this area. Various movements are also popular – for example, vegetarians. They vigilantly monitor the situation and change the world for the better!
5 interesting points:
- On one of the Bahamas live pigs who love to swim and beg for treats! Often animals are photographed with tourists. That is the case when life is really successful.
- Bulls do not distinguish colors. This refers to the myth that they are annoyed by the red color used by the matadors. Animals are actually angry at the roar of the crowd and the person waving a rag near the muzzle.
- The sheep know the shepherd by sight and will not confuse him with anyone else.
- Goats see from the back. This is facilitated by a unique pupil that allows you to observe everything that is happening around.
- Chickens are able to show mercy and compassion.
How to celebrate
Find a charitable organization and donate any amount to improve the lives of animals. Become a vegetarian or cut down on animal foods. Visit the petting zoo and enjoy communication with animals, take your loved ones with you and tell us more about the holiday!
When is World Farm Animals Day in 2022?
World Farm Animals Day is observed on October 2 each year.