National Water A Flower Day is a kind of call to water and care for plants on time. It is also a reminder that plants are not only decorative or aesthetic. They produce oxygen and are used for the preparation of medical and cosmetic products.
It is not known who established the Water A Flower Day. Nowadays, there is a lot of literature talking about the benefits of herbal medicine. The encyclopedia of flowers of the Greek botanist and pharmacologist Pedanius Dioscorides is often cited as an example. It is believed the modern understanding of what flowers provide humanity comes from his work.
Just imagine our world without flowers! They are taken for granted by people today, but they might not exist if proper care wasn’t provided. The establishment of National Water a Flower Day encourages people to take care of flowers, water them, appreciate them. Of course, you need to take care of the plants not only on holiday, but every day.
Flowers are magnificent creations of nature.
- Some flowers’ weight can reach 11kg, like the Rafflesia Arnold, growing in Indonesia.
- The Rhizanthella Gardneri orchid is a special flower that blooms underground. Its petals are pollinated by bugs.
- Different people react differently to different flowers.
How to take part
- Review your flowers and study the information about them. If you have flowers that are fond of moist soil, try to water them regularly to keep the soil from drying out.
- Give a flower in a pot or a seedling to a loved one, mother, or daughter.
- Arrange a flash mob on social networks using #NationalWateraFlowerDay hashtag.
When is Water a Flower Day celebrated in 2024?
Water a Flower Day is observed on May 30 each year.