Police Commemoration Day is celebrated in India on October 21st. On this day, we remember those who gave their lives in the fight against crime. Also today, officers are honored who daily fulfill their duty to the people and the country.
The date was founded back in 1960 as “Remembrance Day”. At that time, geographic and political problems existed between India and China, which escalated in 1959. It is believed that this year, China attacked the Aksai Chin region, namely the intelligence, reserve police forces.
According to numerous reports, India sent 3 reconnaissance groups to Lanak La, but only 2 returned back. The next day, the search for the missing people began. When the group came closer, serious fire opened on it – 10 people were killed, the rest were injured.
After 3 weeks, the Chinese government handed over the bodies of the intelligence group of the nation. The funeral was held with all honors. The people of India were seized not only with rage, but also with gratitude for the brave soldiers fighting for freedom.
It is curious that:
- in India it is considered: the longer the police mustache, the higher the salary;
- to rally the youth, to make them loyal to law enforcement agencies, the police organize football matches where every teenager can take part;
- there are 100 policemen for every 130 inhabitants;
- in Mumbai recorded a huge number of suicides among the police;
- after the tragic terrorist attack in a Mumbai hotel, a decision was made to strengthen national security.
How to celebrate
Go to the parades and events that take place on the holiday. You can do this at home by watching the broadcast on TV, on the Internet. If you are in India, be sure to visit the memorial dedicated to the day of memory (it is located in New Delhi). Support families who have lost their breadwinners: There are many organizations that collect donations for various needs of people.
When is Police Commemoration Day celebrated in 2022?
Police Commemoration Day is observed on October 21 each year.