National Tourism Day in the United States of America is one of the celebrations of National Tourism and Travel Week, held every year in May. The goal is to highlight the greater value of travel for Americans and for the national economy, and inspire in people the desire to spend more time traveling in their own country and abroad.
This event was first held in 1984. A year earlier, in 1983, US President Ronald Reagan proposed the National Tourism Day and a National Tourism Week.
His proposal was supported. Travel fans celebrate this day with pleasure, acquiring new positive experiences and replenishing the treasury of pleasant memories. And it has a positive effect on the development of the economy and tourism.
How to take part
Of course, the best way to celebrate is to take a little trip. But what else?
- Give tickets or certificates for a short trip to loved ones.
- Hold a thematic quiz with friends.
- Visit the websites of travel agencies – often they have profitable promotions and discounts. You can often book the tickets you need at a good price.
- Create a collage of photos taken while traveling.
- Start a flash mob on social networks by posting vivid travel photos.
When is National Tourism Day celebrated in 2024?
National Tourism Day is observed on May 7 each year.