The origins of National Strawberry Sundae Day are currently unknown, but as an official holiday. Enjoy a big bowl of vanilla ice cream with juicy, red strawberries and strawberry syrup on top. Top it all of with a cherry, or better yet, a fresh strawberry. Not sweet enough yet? Get creative, and add colorful sprinkles to your delectable dish. Strawberry sundaes are all about fun, and when a holiday like National Strawberry Sundae Day presents itself, it’s time to go all out! Grab the kids and rest of the family, and go to your favorite restaurant that serves strawberry sundaes!
Celebrate this weird holiday by making yourself an ice cold strawberry sundae! Too much work? Drive to your favorite ice cream shop, and order a strawberry sundae, or go to your favorite fast food restaurant. Chances are, they will serve the delicious ice cream treat you are searching for. Wish your acquaintances a «Happy National Strawberry Sundae Day!». Go on a picnic with your other half, and share ice cream! See how much of your strawberry sundae you can stuff in your mouth! Eat your sundae before your meal! Whichever way you decide to spend your National Strawberry Sundae Day, make sure you order a strawberry sundae!
Strawberries have long been used in summer in many dishes, because they have a divine taste and aroma. The oldest record of strawberry ice cream is in an advertisement from 1892. Back then, the Ithaca Daily Journal used the day of the week, Sunday, to refer to strawberry ice cream. A few years earlier in Wisconsin, there was a ban on the sale of carbonated drinks, but pharmacist Edward Berners from the city of Two Rivers compromised and served ice cream with chocolate syrup. A similar story happened in an Ithaca drugstore in 1892, when the owner of Platt & Colt served vanilla ice cream with cherry sauce and a candied cherry. According to rumors, the word ‘sundae’ features in it because it happened on a Sunday.
National Strawberry Sundae Day Fun Facts
- 8 °F is said to be the optimum temperature at which to serve a strawberry sundae.
- Strawberry is the third most popular flavor of ice cream.
- According to the world record for the largest strawberry sundae was set by on June 8, 1980. The strawberry sundae consisted of 10,780 pounds of ice cream, 180 pounds of topping, 90 pounds of nuts, and 16 gallons of whipped cream. It stood 15 feet high.
- Strawberries are the only sundae topping that have seeds on the outside.
- Strawberries are a smart choice for an ice cream sundae topping as they have low fat and low calories, and they are high in vitamin C, fiber, folic acid, and potassium!
National Strawberry Sundae Day Jokes
- Why were the little strawberries on the sundae upset?
- Their parents were in a jam!
- What do you get when you cross ice, cold milk, strawberry syrup, and a big strawberry?
- The worlds best sundae!
- An older gentleman went inside an ice cream shop and asked, «What kinds of ice cream do you have?» The girl working the cash register replied, «We have a strawberry sundae… *cough* *cough*» The girl wheezed as she spoke, and she seemed unable to continue as she patted her chest. «Do you have laryngitis?» the gentleman asked with compassion. «No,» she whispered, «just strawberry sundaes».
- The strawberry ice cream business was struggling to make a profit as the customers didn’t enjoy real strawberries on their strawberry sundae floats. The customers complained that the strawberries were too heavy, and they sank the rest of the ice cream to the bottom of the cup. As a result, the company removed the strawberries in order to keep their businesses afloat!
- A man walked into the ice cream shop and asked the attendant for a vanilla sundae, chocolate sundae, and strawberry sundae. «Sorry,» said the attendant, «We are completely out of strawberry sundaes». The man thought for a moment, then he said, «In that case, I’ll have a vanilla sundae, chocolate sundae, and strawberry sundae». The attendant, becoming slightly annoyed, said, «I told you we don’t have any strawberry sundaes, sir». The man stared at the ground for a moment, then looked back up and said, «Alright, in that case, I’ll have a vanilla sundae, chocolate sundae, and strawberry sundae». The attendant, more annoyed than ever, said, «Look, sir, what does the V-A-N in vanilla spell?». The man replied, «Van, but what does that have to do with ice cream?». Without missing a beat, the attendant replied, «Never mind, what does the L-A-T-E in chocolate spell?». The man answered, «Late, but I still don’t understand what this has to do with me getting the ice cream I want». Then the attendant asked, «What does the F-*-*-K in strawberry spell?». Shocked, the man replied, «Wait a minute! There’s no f**k in strawberry!». The attendant looked the man in the eye and said, «That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you loser. Now get out of my store!».
National Strawberry Sundae Day Quotes:
- «On a strawberry sundae of a day, all daisies and June sun and pastoral posing by world leaders on the Lancaster House lawn». John Vinocur
- «That meant that nothing happening there at HoJo’s was more important than that strawberry sundae. I was in a hell of a position. If I paid too much attention to the sundae, I would ignore the people who bought it. But if I didn’t stay on it, it would melt, which would be unfortunate and also make it seem as if I didn’t want it. I did». Gil Scott-Heron, The Last Holiday: A Memoir
- «She had two lips like strawberries, and the seeds gave her kisses texture. I preferred kissing her over two scoops of vanilla ice cream». Jarod Kintz, This Book Has No Title
- «My family lived off the land and summer evening meals featured baked stuffed tomatoes, potato salad, corn on the cob, fresh shelled peas and homemade ice cream with strawberries from our garden. With no air conditioning in those days, the cool porch was the center of our universe after the scorching days». David Mixner
- «Poetry and music are very good friends. Like mommies and daddies and strawberries and cream – they go together». Nikki Giovanni
National Strawberry Sundae Day Destinations
- Make your own strawberry sundae at home with this awesome in honor of National Strawberry Sundae Day!
- If you are looking for a quick, cheap treat, try a strawberry sundae from .
- Go to and order a strawberry sundae!
- Purchase a delicious strawberry sundae from!
This holiday has also been called: Strawberry Sundae Day and International Strawberry Sundae Day!
July 7th is also Chocolate Day, National Macaroni Day, and Tell the Truth Day!
National Strawberry Sundae Day is celebrated in July which is: National Anti-Boredom Month, National Blueberry Month, National Cellphone Courtesy Month, National Grilling Month, National Hot Dog Month, National Ice Cream Month, and National Vacation Rental Month!
When is National Strawberry Sundae Day in 2024?
National Strawberry Sundae Day is observed on July 7 each year.