National Salmon Day is celebrated on October 8 every year and celebrates the love of delicious seafood. Americans consume it in huge quantities! Salmon is rich in vitamins as well as fatty acids necessary for the health of the body. Come to the fish store and celebrate the date with us!
National Day was first celebrated in 2015, initiated by Chicken of the Sea, one of the main suppliers of seafood in the United States. The history of the company’s development is closely connected with salmon. In 1984, she introduced a recipe for skinless and boneless fish to draw public attention to the canons of proper nutrition. In 2014, the brand launched a line of flavored salmon sachets. Inspired by the benefits of fish, Chicken of the Sea is still coming up with new ideas.
The American Heart Association recommends eating salmon at least twice a week. Fish contains a sufficient amount of Omega-2 – acid reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke, protects against the development of Alzheimer’s disease. At least because of this, one should not neglect the most useful and affordable product!
And found out that:
- the fillet acquires a pink color due to the eating by fish of crustaceans, the shells of which have this pigment;
- salmon diet – the most stellar diet in the world! It has been followed by many celebrities. Some of them have achieved good results;
- 99% of salmon sold are farm-raised fish;
- in Ireland there is a favorite recipe of the locals – salmon in beer;
- famous chefs of the world prepare seafood with the addition of yogurt;
- chinook is the largest fish of the family: there are specimens reaching one and a half meters.
How to celebrate
What could be better than a delicious and healthy family dinner? Find a good recipe and cook fish any way you like. If you do not want to celebrate at home, visit a restaurant serving this dish and treat your family. Sometimes managers of establishments make good discounts on this day – follow the regional offers!
When is National Salmon Day celebrated in 2022?
National Salmon Day is observed on October 8 each year.