National Play Monopoly Day is celebrated on November 19 in the United States, making it a great opportunity to gather friends for a delicious dinner and compete. The game is famous all over the world and it is difficult to find a person who does not know its rules and has never played.
This game was created in 1903 by its founder Elizabeth Magee, originally as a way to explain Henry George’s single tax theory. She filed her patent in 1904 and published the game two years later. Monopoly is now the most popular game and even kids love spending time with it. The modern market is replete with various types of it, offering various tasks and designs that are added each year. The rules remain the same – build your ideal business, remove competitors, become a monopolist!
- Once one game process lasted 70 days – the longest recorded.
- American game company Hasbro has over 300 versions of Monopoly.
- The game has been translated into 37 world languages.
- There is a World Monopoly Championship.
- There is an accelerated version, which doesn’t take much time.
- Monopoly was played on the ceiling and on a US Navy submarine!
How to take part
Today is the perfect time to spend the evening with your favorite entertainment! Get together in a fun company and celebrate the holiday properly. Share photos of your pastime on social networks. Arrange your own championship – talk with like-minded people and come up with your own rules.
When is National Play Monopoly Day celebrated in 2023?
National Play Monopoly Day is observed on November 19 each year.