National Play Monopoly Day is celebrated on November 19 in the United States. An ideal holiday to gather friends for a delicious dinner and compete. The game is famous all over the world! It is difficult to find a person who does not know its rules and has never played. What about you?
Entertainment was created in 1903 – its founder Elizabeth Magee. At that moment, she did not even mean that the vast majority of the inhabitants of the planet would dream about the game, spend cozy family evenings behind it. She made it in order to explain Henry George’s single tax theory. She filed her patent in 1904 and published the game 2 years later.
Monopoly is the most popular game today. Only maps can compete with it. Even the kids love spending time with her. The modern market is replete with various types of it, various tasks and designs are added every year. The rules remain the same – build your ideal business, remove competitors, become a monopolist!
- once one game process lasted 70 days. We do not know how this actually happened, but this is the longest recorded result;
- American game company Hasbro has over 300 monopolies;
- the game has been translated into 37 world languages;
- there is a World Monopoly Championship;
- there is an accelerated version, the party of which does not take much time;
- Monopoly was played on the ceiling and on a US Navy submarine!
How to celebrate
Needless to say, today is the best time to spend the evening with your favorite entertainment! Get together in a fun company and celebrate the holiday properly. Share photos of your pastime on social networks. Arrange your championship – talk with like-minded people and come up with its rules.
When is National Play Monopoly Day celebrated in 2022?
National Play Monopoly Day is observed on November 19 each year.