National Hair Day is a day of awareness for those who want to have chic, healthy hair. It was founded by the hair products company Holiday NuMe and is observed on October 1st each year. The main goal of this day is to help people learn how to properly care for their hair, try out new cosmetic products, and learn modern methods of dealing with hair problems.
Throughout history, women have come up with various methods to strengthen their hair. For example, the famous Cleopatra used to wash her hair with donkey milk, and clay was widely used, diluted in warm water and applied along the length of the hair. In India, coconut milk and sage decoctions were also used for hair care.
National Hair Day was founded by NuMe, a hair products company.
Here are some interesting facts about hair:
- A person loses an average of 100 hairs per day.
- Women’s hair is usually thinner than men’s, but they are planted much deeper. Therefore, the problem of baldness is more common in men.
- Naturally red-haired people make up 2-4% of the global population.
- The first hairs in the form of a fluff appear on a baby in the womb.
- Hair growth does not occur at night.
- If a man had not shaved all his life, he would have grown a beard 1 km long.
- In the warm season, hair grows much faster than in the cold.
How to take part
On National Hair Day, you can make any change to your hair! If you’ve been dreaming of changing your image, book an appointment with a hair stylist, color your hair, or give it a structural shape. You can also look up beauty blogs of famous hair care artists for tips and tricks. Additionally, you can visit a trichologist to evaluate your hair’s condition.
Use professional advice and show off your hair with pride! Or, if you have any tips and tricks of your own, share them with others on social networks, or arrange themed evenings to exchange experiences.
When is National Hair Day in 2023?
National Hair Day is observed on October 1 each year.