National Cherry Popsicle Day is celebrated on August 26th. This holiday is a great opportunity to cool off in the heat by eating a cherry-flavored popsicle. The Popsicle brand is particularly popular, and its popularity has spread not only in America and Canada but also globally.
The inventor of Popsicle, Frank Epperson, was only 11 years old when he accidentally created the frozen treat by leaving a glass of apple juice and baking soda outside on a cold night. He presented the product to the public in 1922 and patented it in 1924.
The origin of National Cherry Popsicle Day on August 26th is unknown.
- There are conflicting stories about whether the original flavor of Popsicle was apple or cherry.
- The location of the product’s presentation is also disputed, with some sources saying it was at Alameda Park in California and others saying it was at the Neptune Beach amusement park in Belmary, New Jersey.
- The product was initially named “Epsicle.”
How to take part
- To celebrate National Cherry Popsicle Day, you can buy cherry-flavored popsicles for yourself or others, or make your own at home.
- You can use frozen pitted cherries and a blender to grind them, or use ice cube trays and cherry cool-aid.
- You can also add ingredients such as honey, chocolate, or coconut flakes.
- Another option is to buy unusual molds to make your popsicles with.
When is National Cherry Popsicle Day celebrated in 2023?
National Cherry Popsicle Day is observed on August 26 each year.