National Caramel Apple Day is celebrated on October 31st in the United States. This delicious holiday is loved by most, if not all, people. It’s impossible not to be tempted by the mouth-watering fruits and icing. You probably want to make one right now!
National Caramel Apple Day was created and sponsored by the confectioners’ association. The season was chosen for a reason – autumn is the perfect time to pick apples. They don’t need to be plucked from trees and climb high ladders anymore, as the fruits usually fall to the ground. Apples are also made into cider, pies and other dishes.
The dessert was invented by one of Kraft Foods’ employees. After an event, he was left with caramel and some apples. This led him to the idea of coating the fruits with icing and seeing what would happen. We all know the result – a delicious treat that we enjoy today!
The most popular apple used in desserts today is Granny Smith. It has a tart taste and goes well with various combinations. Confectioners also experiment with other varieties, but they don’t have the same flavor.
Apples have a lot of benefits:
- They are very beneficial for people with high blood pressure, as they help remove excess water from the body.
- They help lower cholesterol.
- The organic acids in apples help improve digestion.
- They can be baked and used by people on a healthy diet.
- They help with fatigue and stress.
- They promote blood regeneration due to the iron content.
- They act as a natural sorbent, helping to remove toxins from the body.
How to take part
Visit places that make the treat! You can also try to make one in your kitchen, but it takes some effort. Experiment with different toppings like nuts and pistachios. Share the treat with friends and family, and enjoy the warm autumn days.
When is National Caramel Apple Day celebrated in 2023?
National Caramel Apple Day is observed on October 31 each year.