National Cake Day is celebrated in America on November 26th. This is the sweetest holiday of the year, dedicated to delicacy. Sometimes we eat dessert on gray weekdays to cheer up and it is difficult to find a person who refuses a piece of cake that melts in your mouth!
Cake is an ancient dish. Scientists have not been able to figure out when it appeared with 100% accuracy, but it is believed to have originated in Italy about 2 years ago. The name was considered to be something richly decorated and intricate. Further evidence of cakes has been found in Greece, where the remains of pies decorated with drawings were found, prepared from ground grains. It is also believed that cakes could have originated in the East, as these areas have always been famous for their sweet treats.
In the 19th century, cakes firmly entered life in Europe, becoming a symbol of birthdays. Candles to be blown out later appeared. Products with pleasure complemented romantic evenings, gatherings with friends, family dinners. It is hard to imagine how we would live without this dessert.
Did you know that cake:
- In the Middle Ages looked like an ordinary cake baked in the shape of a circle.
- Can be very expensive: in Tokyo, at one event, they put up a dessert with diamonds valued at more than 1.5 million US dollars.
- White cake symbolizes purity, usually made for wedding ceremonies.
- Suitable for divination in England – girls placed a piece under their pillow, believing that they were dreaming of a groom.
- Served in the form of small cupcakes – a variety appeared in England and won the hearts of consumers.
How to take part
Take part in the celebration by going to the candy store and buying the tastiest cake you can find on National Cake Day. Invite friends for a festive dinner and prepare dessert yourself. Choose complex or simplified recipes, or make something without baking, with a ready-made base or a very simple cream. Take a photo and post it on social media!
When is National Cake Day celebrated in 2023?
National Cake Day is observed on November 26 each year.