The origin of Insurance Awareness Day is currently a mystery. Many people speculate that this unusual holiday was started by insurance companies to encourage customers to purchase insurance. Others believe that this holiday was created to remind people that when things go astray, it’s important to have a backup plan! There are many different types of insurance that protect against risks, including property insurance, fire insurance, life insurance, auto insurance, and health insurance. Insurance helps reduce risks, spread risks from the individual or company to a larger community, and it offers long-term finance for public and private sectors.
Celebrate this weird holiday by comparing insurance companies to determine the best value for your money! Use extra caution today, so using your insurance isn’t necessary! Wish your friends or insurance agent a «Happy Insurance Awareness Day!». Bring your insurance agent some peanut butter cookies or doughnuts a token of your appreciation. Protect your home, and purchase home insurance! If you are an insurance agent, schedule a valuable offer for insurance today in celebration of Insurance Awareness Day. However, you decide to spend Insurance Awareness Day, stay safe, and spread the word about insurance!
The founders of the insurance system were Chinese merchants. In the days of ancient civilization, when merchants traveled along rivers by ship and boat, there was a practice of mixing goods. This was done in order not to lose, not to spoil a specific group when the ship was flooded. The first insurance company was established in 1666 in England. A huge number of destructive blazes have led to the need to introduce a system of property insurance in case of damage or destruction by fire. In the middle of the XIX century, health and life insurance appeared.
Insurance Awareness Day Fun Facts
- In America, all 50 states require drivers to carry auto insurance.
- Auto insurance companies charge more to insure teenage males than teenage females.
- About 16% of all drivers are uninsured.
- According to Guinness World Records, Farmers Insurance holds the record for the most like on a Facebook page in 24 hours.
- ING Life Insurance Romania has an insurance policy that holds the Guinness World Record for the largest legal document (9 meters x 6 meters).
Insurance Awareness Day Jokes
- If you sleep with your wife that’s Legal and General.
- If you sleep with your girlfriend that’s Mutual Trust.
- If you sleep with a prostitute that’s Commercial Union.
- If you sleep with all types that’s Group Life.
- If your wife lets you sleep around that’s Liberty Life.
- What’s the best thing about turning 65?
- No more calls from life insurance agents.
- Last week I bought a retirement policy. All I’ve got to do is keep up the payments for 15 years and my agent can retire.
- You ought to feel highly honored», said the businessman to the life insurance agent, «so far today I have had my secretary turn away seven insurance agents». Then the agent replied, «Yes, I know. I’m one of them».
- What’s the difference between an insurance company and the mafia?
- The insurance company can tell you how many people will die this year, while the mafia can tell you the names of all of them.
Insurance Awareness Day Quotes
- «Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders». Ronald Reagan
- «There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?». Woody Allen
- «Fun is like life insurance; the older you get, the more it costs». Kin Hubbard
- «If a child, a spouse, a life partner, or a parent depends on you and your income, you need life insurance». Suze Orman
- «People don’t trust private health insurance companies for all the right reasons». Bernie Sanders
Insurance Awareness Day Destinations
- Visit your local Geico office, and ask about auto insurance. It’s so easy, a caveman can do it.
- Drive to your local Allstate office, and consult an agent about auto insurance. Are you in good hands?
- Buy supplemental insurance at a local Aflac office.
- Visit a Progressive office, and ask to know more about auto insurance.
This holiday has also been called: National Insurance Awareness Day.
June 28th is also International Body Piercing Day, International Caps Lock Day, National Tapioca Day, and Paul Bunyan Day!
Insurance Awareness Day is celebrated in June which is: Adopt-A-Cat Month, Fight the Filthy Fly Month, Great Outdoors Month, LGBT Pride Month, National Accordion Awareness Month, National Candy Month, National Dairy Month, National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month, National Rose Month, National Turkey Lovers’ Month, and National Zoo and Aquarium Month!
When is Insurance Awareness Day in 2024?
Insurance Awareness Day is observed on June 28 each year.