Humane Society Anniversary Day is celebrated on November 22 in the United States. This is an important date to show compassion for animals and make the connection between humans and animals even stronger!
In 1954, a small animal welfare community was formed. This eventually grew into Humane Society International, which continues to fight against cruelty to animals. This holiday is not only celebrated in the US, but also in other countries as the organization works with international governments to raise awareness of animal issues and provide solutions. Humane Society International now has over 12 million members.
- The world’s smallest dog is the Yorkshire Terrier, weighing 4 ounces.
- Dogs have better eyesight than humans, but they do not see the world as clearly.
- There are 1 million ants for every person on the planet.
- Grasshoppers can jump 20 times their body length.
- Cats have lived with us for at least 7,000 years.
- Tigers have striped skin to match their external color.
- Every day 100 whales are killed by poachers.
- Zoophobia is the fear of animals.
- A panda is born very small – smaller than a normal mouse.
- Squirrels can’t see red.
How to take part
Take part in events taking place in your city. These can be thematic meetings or volunteer help to shelters, farms and animals in need. Make charitable contributions to organizations – every cent counts! Tell others about the Humane Society Anniversary Day and connect them to a noble cause.
When is Humane Society Anniversary Day celebrated in 2023?
Humane Society Anniversary Day is observed on November 22 each year.