Humane Society Anniversary Day is celebrated on November 22 in the United States. This is an important date for society: when our hearts show compassion for animals, the world becomes a much better place. Today we call on all those who are not indifferent to unite and make the connection between man and animal even stronger!
In 1954, a small animal welfare community was formed. Every day the number of members of the organization increased, and those problems that seemed unsolvable gradually left our four-legged friends. Subsequently, Humane Society International appeared – an organization to this day is fighting cruelty to animals. There is still a big front of work ahead, but success is obvious.
The holiday concerns not only America, but also other countries. The community is in contact with international governments, raising topical issues in the area and offering the best solutions to problems. This is a colossal work of a huge team of people scattered around the world! All of them are in love with their work and believe that by joint efforts they will create comfortable conditions for the life of animals. Today, Humane Society International has over 12 million members.
- the world’s smallest dog is the Yorkshire Terrier, weighing 4 ounces;
- dogs have better eyesight than humans, but they do not see the world so clearly;
- there are 1 million ants for every person on the planet;
- grasshoppers jump 20 times their body length;
- cats have lived with us for at least 7 years;
- tigers have striped skin – to match its external color;
- every day 100 whales are killed by poachers;
- zoophobia – fear of animals;
- a panda is born very small – smaller than a normal mouse;
- Squirrels can’t see red.
How to celebrate
Take part in events taking place in your city. These can be thematic meetings or volunteer help to shelters, farms and animals in need. Make charitable contributions to organizations – every cent counts! Tell others about the Humane Society Anniversary Day and connect them to a noble cause.
When is Humane Society Anniversary Day celebrated in 2022?
Humane Society Anniversary Day is observed on November 22 each year.