National Chocolate with Almonds Day
The origins of National Chocolate with Almonds Day are currently unknown, but Google recognizes this holiday as an official national holiday. The origins of chocolate with almonds can be traced back to the 1700s. In 1742, William Parks printed a copy of The Compleat Housewife, the first cookbook ever to be published in the United States, which contained a recipe for «chocolate almonds». It was the only chocolate recipe in the cookbook despite the popularity of chocolate among the wealthy at the time. Since then, chocolate with almonds has been a favorite treat among people all around the world.
Grab a Hershey’s Milk Chocolate with Almonds Bar, and come celebrate National Chocolate with Almonds Day! Have fun during this weird holiday by purchasing your favorite chocolate with almonds candy bar or treat. Wish your friends and family a «Happy National Chocolate with Almonds Day!». Snack on a bag of chocolate covered almonds! Eat some ice cream with chocolate and almonds like rocky road! Be creative, and make some chocolate and almond pavlova or chocolate almond muffins! However you decide to celebrate National Chocolate with Almonds Day, try to incorporate chocolate with almonds into your day. It’s sure to put a smile on your face!
National Chocolate with Almonds Day Fun Facts
- Approximately 40% of almonds produced worldwide are made for chocolate products.
- One ounce of almonds added to chocolate gives you more than a third of the Daily Value for vitamin E.
- The world’s largest almond factory is in Sacramento, California, which processes 2 million pounds of almonds every day.
- The Hershey Company is the largest chocolate manufacturer in North America.
- Ferdinand Columbus recorded that when the Mayans dropped cacao beans, «they all stopped to pick it up, as though an eye had fallen». At the time, Columbus did not see the potential of the cacao market, and he mistook them for shriveled almonds.
National Chocolate with Almonds Day Jokes
- George visits his Aunt Debbie in a retirement home. When he arrives, she’s fast asleep, so he sits down on a chair in her room and flips through a magazine that was sitting on the coffee table, and snacks on some almonds that are sitting in a bowl on the table. Eventually, Aunt Debbie wakes up, and George realizes he has unknowingly finished the entire bowl of almonds. George quickly apologizes, «I’m so sorry Aunt Debbie. I’ve eaten all of your almonds!». Aunt Debbie replies, «That’s okay, dear. After I’ve sucked the chocolate off, I don’t really like eating the almonds anyway».
- You know you’re a chocoholic if, when the leaves change in the fall, you start gathering Almond Joy candy bars for the coming winter.
- What is hard, brown, six inches long, has two nuts, and can make a girl fat?
- An Almond Joy.
- Anti joke: Whats the difference between a Jewish man wearing a top hat and a chocolate bar with almonds?
- One’s a chocolate bar with almonds.
- A real Almond Joy is the relief an almond feels when he hasn’t been eaten yet.
National Chocolate with Almonds Day Quotes
- «All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt». Charles M. Schulz
- «I always leave a box of unsalted almonds in my house. A handful of those are a good snack that should keep you satisfied». Jenna Ushkowitz
- «Anything is good if it’s made of chocolate». Jo Brand
- «I like almonds as a snack – keeps your energy up but doesn’t fill you up». Ina Garten
- «I can’t walk by chocolate without eating it». Malin Akerman
National Chocolate with Almonds Day Destinations
- Visit Hershey’s Chocolate World, and explore how Hershey’s makes their chocolate with almonds!
- Drive to one of See’s Candies Chocolate Shops, and buy some almond clusters!
- Go to a convenience store, and buy an Almond Joy from the candy section!
- Stay home, and order chocolate with almonds online in celebration of National Chocolate with Almonds Day!
- Stay home, and read about National Chocolate with Almonds Day on WeirdHoliday.com!
This holiday has also been called: Chocolate with Almonds Day, International Chocolate with Almonds Day, National Chocolate Almonds Day, Chocolate Almonds Day, International Chocolate Almonds Day, National Milk Chocolate with Almonds Day, Milk Chocolate with Almonds Day, and International Milk Chocolate with Almonds Day!
July 8th is also Video Game Day!
National Chocolate with Almonds Day is celebrated in July which is: National Anti-Boredom Month, National Blueberry Month, National Cellphone Courtesy Month, National Grilling Month, National Hot Dog Month, National Ice Cream Month, and National Vacation Rental Month!
When is National Chocolate with Almonds Day in 2022?
National Chocolate with Almonds Day is observed on July 8 each year.