- This event has passed.
Free Slurpee Day
July 11, 2022
If you love summer, sun, and sweets, Free Slurpee Day, which is celebrated annually on July 11, is the best way to get a serving of delicious drink. 7-Eleven suggested celebrating the holiday in 2002, despite the fact the frozen treat has been around since the middle of the last century. Today, there are more than three hundred different flavors – traditional sweet and sour, which are perfectly refreshing in the heat, and exotic.
The drink was created by Omar Knedlik, and he named it ICEE. It is noteworthy that the delicacy came about as a result of a culinary accident. One day, the soda machine broke down and Knedlik put the sweet soda in the freezer so that it wouldn’t go bad. The result was an amazing, cooling dessert customers bought with pleasure. Knedlik created an apparatus that froze carbonated drinks. In 1965, 7-Eleven bought the right to sell the drink in their stores. So, in 1966, the Slurpee appeared, and in 1967, a vending machine with treats was in every 7-Eleven store. In 2002, on July 11, the company celebrated a significant date – 75 years of existence. On the same day, Free Slurpee Day was celebrated for the first time.
- The name Slurpee symbolizes the sound heard while drinking it.
- If you want a free 12-ounce serving, try to visit the nearest store as early as possible, because there are a lot of people who want a free Slurpee.
- You can get only one serving for free, but the sly ones manage to visit different stores and enjoy Slurpee to their heart’s content.
- Download the 7Rewards app, scan a free Slurpee and get a discount on another serving of any size.
- The delicacy is most popular in Canada – every year the Canadians drink 30 million servings. The treat is also loved in Springfield.
How to take part
Visit your nearest store and grab your free Slurpee. Traditionally, 7-Eleven stores are open from 07:00 to 23:00. Be sure to try a new taste; there are more than three hundred of them, so choosing something new is not difficult.
When is Free Slurpee Day Celebrated in 2022?
Free Slurpee Day is associated with the anticipation of happiness and joy. It is observed on July the 11th each year.