Commitment Day is an important international holiday! January 1 is a great day to express your emotions and thank a loved one. It is easy not to violate the so-called obligations if they are initially built in peace and harmony, and you know why you are fulfilling them.
Marriage between a man and a woman has existed for a very long time. It appeared in ancient Babylon along with the development of civilization and writing skills. The wise king Hammurabi created a collection of laws on family and marriage relations. The union was concluded by a written agreement between the groom and the father of the bride. In ancient Greece, marriages were carried out in the presence of 10 witnesses with the obligatory presence of priests.
Today marriage is a manifestation of love, affection, willingness to live with your loved one all your life. It is important to understand that commitments are not just words, they are actions that truly reflect an attitude. The holiday has been celebrated since 1960 – its appearance urged people to pay attention to their promises and obligations. Over time, it has become a good tradition that prolongs the New Year holidays.
Did you know that:
- a kiss is the final touch of marriage. The Greeks came up with the tradition, who considered it an official confirmation of marriage;
- more than 50% of divorces occur after 7 years of family life;
- in 16 countries of the world same-sex marriages are allowed;
- more than 80% of happy couples admit that they solve problems among themselves without bringing them up for discussion by friends, parents, acquaintances;
- couples with children are less likely to divorce than those without children.
How to celebrate
Commitment Day is not only about relationships between people in love. It also applies to other things that fill your life. Do today everything you always wanted to do – go on a trip, learn a foreign language, change the scope of work, and complete the task to the end. Spend the day with your significant other. By the way, today it is very symbolic to make marriage proposals.
When is Commitment Day Celebrated in 2024?
Commitment Day is dedicated to celebrating success. It has always been observed annually on January the 1st.