Coffee With A Cop Day is one of the most important holidays that brings together ordinary citizens and the policemen who serve them! The event is important for society: it builds trusting relationships, because only together we can eradicate crime. The mission of the day is to break down the barriers that exist between the cops and the public.
The holiday was founded in 2011 at the request of the Hawthorne Police Department (California). Its purpose is absolutely transparent, so people are happy to participate. The event takes place in the United States in all 50 states and other countries – at the moment there are 25 states. Thousands of cafes in which people gather, support ideas and are not going to turn off the path.
Citizens can talk to officers about anything, mostly security issues are raised. Acquaintance takes place in a relaxed atmosphere, which has a positive effect on mood. Thus, the police better understand ordinary people and vice versa.
It is noteworthy that:
- many women serve in the US police – the rest of the world cannot boast of the same, preferring the male sex in the service;
- if a cop moves to another state, then all ranks are reset to zero – in a new place you have to start all over again;
- a pension is possible after 20 years of service;
- spouses of police officers are not allowed to work in the same department;
- The worst day in US law enforcement history is September 11, 2001. 72 officers died in the line of duty.
How to celebrate
Visit your local coffee shop at Coffee With A Cop Day and get in on the fun! Think about the questions you would like to ask the policeman before you go. Buy a gift – it can be a nice little thing, a sweet treat, a memento, etc. Show appreciation for being safe.
When is Coffee with a Cop Day celebrated in 2022?
Coffee with a Cop Day is observed on the first Wednesday in October each year.