Bring Your Bible to School Day is celebrated on the first Thursday of October in the United States and is a major holiday. Students are happy to take part in the movement, because faith is what makes us live, rejoice and move on. On this date, various events are held that will be of interest to all Christians, join us!
Freedom of religious expression, along with freedom of speech, is of great importance to America. These factors make the country so diverse and successful. Bring Your Bible to School Day is a holiday in which any student can bring the Scriptures of God and tell others about religion without fear of being judged or ridiculed.
There was another time: in 1962 and 1963, the US Supreme Court banned the reading of the Bible in schools. In 2014, Focus on the Family, an American church organization, founded the holiday to commemorate its importance. In the first year, 8000 students took part in the event, in subsequent years their number increased to 40.
Now everyone is allowed to bring a Bible to an educational institution. The only amendment: the book should be read during lunch or free time, but not during the lesson. During the day, peers get together and discuss upcoming events, discuss, and disseminate information.
Did you know that:
- The Bible is the most published book in the world. 32 books are published every day;
- the texts of the Old Testament are filled with prophecies that come true from year to year;
- law enforcers assure that the bible is stolen more often than other publications;
- this is the most haunted book. There is no longer such a work in the world, about the prohibition of which laws would be created, and in ancient times they could simply be executed;
- The Bible saves not only spiritually, but also physically. There are cases when the book stopped bullets, saving the lives of its bearers.
How to celebrate
Unfortunately, not all people know how to express their point of view in terms of religion. Show them that they can and should talk about it! Share your favorite Bible verses with those around you and listen to others.
When is Bring Your Bible to School Day celebrated in 2022?
Bring Your Bible to School Day is observed on the first Thursday in October each year.