Abet and Aid Punsters Day is a holiday when you can safely say unfunny jokes, terrible puns and not be afraid that you will not be understood. The holiday, celebrated annually on November 8, encourages us to relax a little, forget about problems and laugh heartily. Be more tolerant of people who will joke next to you on this day, do not roll your eyes and do not express displeasure, laugh sincerely.
There is no information about who and when invented the holiday. According to one version, it appeared in the second half of the last century with a simple goal – to give people another reason to joke, laugh and have fun with friends.
Another mission of the holiday is to motivate people to pay more attention to learning, to learn about the linguistic features of puns. This is a certain form of word play, in which the new term is consonant with the original form and at the same time makes people smile. The main meaning of the pun is a humorous effect. Puns have a long history, for example, the playwright Plautus, who lived in Ancient Rome, became famous for his vivid word games and successful puns.
- The main feature of a pun is that it must have a logical, reasonable interpretation.
- Every language and culture has specific phrases that are specific only to a certain group of society.
- The first puns appeared in ancient Egypt, when myths were created, dreams were interpreted.
- In China, royal decrees were interpreted through puns.
- Approximately in 2500 BC. scribes used puns to convey information in cuneiform.
- The Maya also used puns, and this confirms that people at all times appreciated a great pun.
How to celebrate
Find some interesting puns online and share them with your friends. A good joke improves mood, brightens up the day. Post them on social networks, announce a competition for the funniest phrase. Watch a funny comedy, write down the funniest phrases of the characters as you watch.
When is Abet and Aid Punsters Day celebrated in 2022?
Abet and Aid Punsters Day is observed on November 8 each year.