World Pancreatic Cancer Day is celebrated on November 18 around the world. The date was created to inform the population about a terrible disease that claims many lives. The diagnosis is difficult, it is one of the most insidious, but there is a chance for recovery in any situation. That is why the organizers of the holiday are asking the society to come together and fight back against the disease!
The holiday was founded by health agencies from 30 countries to join forces in the fight against cancer and save more lives. Unfortunately, about 500 thousand new cases of the disease are registered every year – think about this figure. However, now it is customary to talk about more pleasant things, so most of the inhabitants of the planet do not know anything about the disease. There is a lot of work ahead to fix this!
In 1761, the greatest work “De Sedibus et causis morborum per anatomen indagatis” by the Italian anatomist Morgagni Giovanni Battista was published. It included a description of the disease, but the diagnosis was not confirmed due to the impossibility of microscopic examination. In 1858, Jacob Mendes Da Costa studied the work and performed the necessary manipulations and confirmed that this was a real disease.
It is noteworthy that:
- tumors appear in people regardless of gender, age. It can occur in both a child and an elderly person;
- solar radiation can cause skin cancer, especially people with pale skin are at risk;
- if cancer is detected at an early stage, then the probability of being cured is very high;
- oncology is not eliminated by folk remedies;
- many forms of the disease do not manifest themselves in any way – a person lives a familiar life and does not know about the development of the infection. Timely research can save the situation.
How to celebrate
If you have been visiting the hospital for a long time, it’s time to make an appointment with a doctor! Do self-examination: many patients accidentally find themselves with tumors in various places. Make a donation to a fund that helps the sick. Tell your friends about the holiday so that everyone knows about its existence.
When is World Pancreatic Cancer Day celebrated in 2022?
World Pancreatic Cancer Day is observed on November 18 each year.