World Kindness Day is celebrated on November 13 in America. The date is celebrated not only by the USA, but also by Australia, the United Arab Emirates, Japan, Canada, etc. The holiday is dedicated to the most beautiful human feeling – kindness. Even in the darkest times, its rays are able to kindle a light in the soul of everyone.
The holiday was created by the World Kindness Organization: it happened in 1998. The written declaration says that people should come together to build a compassionate world together. Every year, other countries are connected to the date, which means that the mission has been successfully working to this day. Currently, work is underway to officially recognize the day.
Today in many cities are bright events. Everyone can take part! Acts of kindness, cheerful dances, entertaining concerts, charitable assistance – not all that awaits those present.
Moments that surprise:
- at the biochemical level, kindness increases the level of natural opioids in the brain – the level of dopamine grows many times, and it is responsible for the feeling of joy;
- kind people have increased levels of oxytocin, which has a beneficial effect on the heart and cardiovascular system;
- kindness infects and is passed down the chain. In other words: if someone did something pleasant for you, then you will also strive to give joy to another person;
- endorphin is also produced with good deeds – it is famous for its analgesic effect;
- real kindness is almost always invisible, and this is normal;
- anger burns all bridges between people, but kindness builds them.
How to celebrate
It’s time to get out of the house and do a good deed! Help an old woman carry groceries home, pay a stranger for coffee, become a volunteer, clean up near a neighbor’s house… There are many options! Participate in events in the city, make a donation to a charitable organization, tell others about the holiday.
When is World Kindness Day celebrated in 2022?
World Kindness Day is observed on November 13 each year.