If your favorite board game is to make words out of letters, on April 13 you can celebrate Scrabble Day; play another game in the company of friends. This simple, fascinating entertainment has an army of fans. Most prefer exercising the mind, with a sense of superiority over their less intelligent rivals.
Alfred Butts gave the world Scrabble in 1938. First, samples were created by hand and sold as an exclusive product. The game has a children’s version with cards with images. Big companies organize real tournaments. It is a gamble! The online format allows competing with a computer or real opponents registered on virtual platforms.
- Its predecessor was a word game called Lexico.
- Vocabulary of modern Scrabble is updated regularly, and includes modern slang and specific terms from the information technology field.
- Scrabble playing boards for the visually impaired use the Braille font, helping people with poor eyesight to easily read the information.
- Every 60 minutes, 30 thousand rounds are played.
- This international game is available in 120 countries.
Choose 7 letters and start your exciting journey into the world of words. There are many interesting discoveries!
When is Scrabble Day celebrated in 2023?
Scrabble Day is observed on April 13 each year.