Humor unites people, makes them smile, and makes them feel good! There is no place for sadness on National Tell a Joke Day – spend the holiday having fun, creating a good mood around. In the end, everyone has a favorite joke they tell others.
It is difficult to imagine the life of a person who does not have the opportunity to laugh heartily. This is practically a different dimension, and getting into it would be a nightmare.
Historians believe jokes originated in 1900 BC, created by the Greek hero Palamedes, who added some letters to the alphabet. Whether this is true or a myth is anyone’s guess.
To understand the importance of humor, just turn on the TV. The channels constantly show popular comedians. Even in the most dramatic films, there are places at which you can laugh.
Did you know that laughter:
- Reduces blood sugar levels, it is especially important for people with diabetes;
- Strengthens the immune system by increasing the number of antibodies in the blood;
- Consumes energy, contributing to weight loss;
- Helps to cope with pain;
- Is studied by a whole science – gelotology;
- Strengthens relationships in the family: laughing at shortcomings plays an important role;
- Is not an exclusively human trait; primates, dogs and even rats can laugh.
Another interesting point: women laugh more than men, but men joke much more.
How to take part
The goal on National Day is to tell more jokes. Gather relatives and friends and start joking!
You can also visit a comedy show or watch it on TV. The main thing is to tune in to the positive.
When is National Tell a Joke Day celebrated in 2023?
National Tell a Joke Day is observed on August 16 each year.