National Steak au Poivre Day is dedicated to the most juicy, tender meat dish. It is prepared from filet mignon, which is covered with chopped pepper. The spice gives the finished dish an incredible aroma and taste worthy of a royal table. The holiday is celebrated every year on September 9th.
Initially, the steak was a French dish, but the meat turned out to be so tasty that the recipe for preparing it was adapted for different national cuisines. Distinctive features of this particular recipe are a special cooking technology and an exquisite combination of flavors. The meat is served with pepper sauce, which is prepared on the basis of a creamy sauce with the addition of pepper, garlic, liquor, and oil. Gourmets call the dish one of the best delicacies.
- The best way to cook a steak is on a grill.
- Steak is a word with Scandinavian roots and means one of the earliest methods of cooking meat.
- The country that consumes the most steaks is Argentina.
- About 40% of cow meat is suitable for making a juicy steak.
- The main secret of delicious meat is not the cooking technology, but the temperature.
How to take part
Organize a picnic or a party and cook your own steak. Prepare a side dish for meat; it can be fresh vegetables or french fries. Steak is a dish usually eaten in a big company. Check out different recipes and choose the best one for you. For example, you can add mustard or wrap the meat in bacon.
When is National Steak au Poivre Day in 2023?
National Steak au Poivre Day is observed on September 9 each year.